Chem Draw at SCS Illinois
Looking for instructions on how to renew your ChemDraw license?
ChemDraw Ultra is a chemical structure drawing software package designed to help both the beginning chemistry student and the expert researcher. The SCS Computer Center provides a graduate school license for ChemDraw Ultra. Our license allows us to distribute the software to gradute students, faculty, and staff associated with the School of Chemical Sciences or the School of Life Sciences of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Graduate students and staff who wish to install the software package on a personal computer will download it by following the instructions below.
- Go to the UIUC ChemDraw Download Page.
- Enter your netid [at] illinois [dot] edu email address into the field.
- You will be directed to a page that prompts you to log in. If you have already downloaded ChemDraw last year but have forgotten your user name and password, you can ask to have your account information sent to you via email. If you are a first-time user, you will need to create an account. Go through the steps to create an account.
- Once you create an account, you will be directed to the download page.
- Download the ChemDraw Ultra software from the download page and save the file on your computer.
- Check your email. You will be receiving a serial number via email.
- Print out the serial number or save it to your clipboard. You will need this to activate the software.
- Go through the steps to install the software that you downloaded from CambridgeSoft.
- You can install copies of the software on any number of your own computers using the same serial number. However, CambridgeSoft sets an initial limit on the number of activations to three. If you need to install more than three copies of the software on various machines, please send an email to computing [at] scs [dot] illinois [dot] edu. We can request additional activations for you. The software is network aware; two copies installed with the same serial number will not work at the same time if the computers are connected to a network.